Little & Junior Miss Riverfest
Saturday, July 8, 2017 3:00 p.m.
SPONSORED BY THE CITY OF SEAFORD, SEAFORD FLORIST, MEG GEM, HERTIAGE JEWELERS
SPOTS STILL AVAILABLE!
The Little Miss and Junior Miss Riverfest Pageant will take place this year on Saturday, July 8th at 3:00 p.m. The Pageant will be held on the main stage in the Mt. Olivet Church parking lot. It will include contestants divided into two categories: Little Miss (Ages 3-6) and Junior Miss (Ages 7-10). All contestants have previously been registered.
Parents, Grandparents, Family & Friends are encouraged to come and cheer on the Little or Junior Miss in their lives. Last year’s title holders: Little Miss Riverfest 2016 and, Junior Miss Riverfest 2016 will return this year for their final performances as title holders and to crown this year’s Little & Junior Miss Riverfest 2017.
PICTURED: Lilyan Farris (left) Little Miss Riverfest 2015 & Hannah Pickinpaugh (right) Junior Miss Riverfest 2015
- All contestants must be between the ages of 3 and 10 years old on July 8, 2016. The Little Miss category is ages 3-6 and the Junior Miss category is ages 7-10.
- The pageant is limited to twenty (20). This is a combined total of the Little Miss and Junior Miss. There will be no additions made once twenty contestants have signed up. It will be on a first come, first serve basis.
- Contestants must be able to participate in the pageant which will be held on Friday July 8, 2016 at 6:30 p.m. in downtown Seaford, in the Mt. Olivet Church Parking Lot. The contestants will need to arrive at approximately 6:00 p.m.
- A MANDATORY practice will be held prior to the event on Wednesday afternoon, July 6, 2016 at 5:15 p.m. in Front of City Hall. Practice will be held inside City Hall should it rain.
- The Contestants will be judged in the following areas: their demonstration of enjoyment of water and water activities; their ability to converse with the MC; their short talent and their poise and appearance on stage.
- Contestants may recite a nursery rhyme, sing a song, or another talent of their choice. (Water related is recommended, but not required and will not count against them). Talents are to be no more than 3 minutes in length. Any music needed for the day of the Pageant MUST be turned in the night of practice.
- The contestants must wear a swimsuit during the pageant. There will be no costume changes during the pageant. The children will not be judged on how they look in the swimsuit, but rather on their overall appearance and how they accessorize - after all, they will be crowned Little Miss and Junior Miss Riverfest!
- First and second place will be awarded in each age group, but all contestants will receive a prize for participating.
- Adult supervision is required at all performances.
- The decision of the Nanticoke Riverfest panel of judges is final.
- A recent wallet size picture of the contestant as well as a $10 registration fee must accompany the completed application. These items must be turned in to the Nanticoke Riverfest committee by June 24, 2016. Failure to submit information by the due date will prevent your child’s biography from being printed in the program. Entries may be mailed to Nanticoke Riverfest Pageant, PO Box 1100, Seaford, DE 19973; or dropped off at City Hall, 414 High Street, Seaford.
- Any questions should be directed to Shannon Elliott at 629-9173 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.