Float-In @ Nanticoke RiverfestSaturday, July 10th, 2021 Registration Begins 8:00 a.m. Float-In Begins 8:30 a.m.
Sponsored by First State OMS, Service Tire Truck Center and Lambden Bus Service
This event is the cornerstone of the annual Nanticoke Riverfest. It is a tradition for some so you are encouraged to come out and make it yours too! This year's float will begin at 8:30 a.m. The launch site is at First State OMS on Riverside Drive adjacent to southbound Route 13 across from Seaford Ice Plant. Registration will begin on site at 8:00 a.m. Shuttle service will be available from Water Street to the launch site starting at 8:00 a.m.
There is no return-shuttle service for cars left at the launch site. Floaters are encouraged to park downtown and take advantage of the pre-float shuttle service.
All floaters under the age of 16 must wear a life jacket. The Seaford Volunteer Fire Department have coordinated divers and boats in the water for safety. A limited number of tubes and lifejackets will be on sale the day of the float-in. The cost of the float-in is $1. The take-out point will be the canoe launch near Water Street. Come join the fun and bring your most creative floatation device for this event!
Tricks of the Trade
- Bring exact change. The cost to float is $1. No credit/debit cards or personal checks will be accepted. Please bring cash only.
- Register early and bring your own floating device. A limited number of tubes will be available for sale on a first-come, first-serve basis. Service Tire Truck Center will also be on hand to inflate bought and brought tubes. Cost is $15 for single tubes and $20 for doubles – (CASH ONLY)
- Children under the age of 16 must have a life jacket. ID’s will be checked. If a child’s age is in question and does not have ID, they will not be able to participate without a life jacket. A limited number of life jackets will be available for sale for $10 - (CASH ONLY) on a first-come, first-serve basis but participants are encouraged to bring their own.
- Wear a pair of shoes (water shoes are best) that you don’t mind getting wet and muddy.
- Don’t forget sunscreen.
- Let the current carry you – take your time and actually enjoy the float.
- Drink lots of water before you start if it’s a hot day.
- Should you leave your car at the launch site, you must have your own transportation back to the launch site after the float.