Float-In @ Nanticoke RiverfestSaturday, July 13 @ 4:00 pm
This event is the cornerstone of the annual Nanticoke Riverfest. It is a tradition for some so you are encouraged to come out and make it yours too. The launch site is at First State OMS on Riverside Drive adjacent to southbound Route 13 across from Seaford Ice Plant. Shuttle service will be available from Water Street to the launch site. There is no return-shuttle service for cars left at the launch site. Floaters are encouraged to park downtown and take advantage of the pre-float shuttle service.
All floaters under the age of 16 must wear a life jacket. The Seaford Volunteer Fire Department and Blades Volunteer Fire Company will have divers and boats in the water for safety. A limited number of tubes and lifejackets will be on sale the day of the float-in. The cost of the float-in is $1. The take-out point will be the canoe launch near Water Street. Come join the fun and you can bring your most creative floatation device for this event.
Tricks of the Trade
- Bring exact change. The cost to float is $1. No credit/debit cards or personal checks will be accepted. Please bring cash only.
- Register early and bring your own floating device. A limited number of tubes will be available for sale on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Service Tire Truck Center will also be on hand to inflate bought and brought tubes. Cost is $15 for single tubes and $20 for doubles – (CASH ONLY)
- Children under the age of 16 must have a life jacket. ID’s will be checked. If a child’s age is in question and does not have ID, they will not be able to participate without a life jacket. A limited number of life jackets will be available for sale for $10 - (CASH ONLY) on a first-come, first-serve basis but participants are encouraged to bring their own.
- Wear a pair of shoes (water shoes are best) that you don’t mind getting wet and muddy.
- Don’t forget sunscreen.
- Let the current carry you – take your time and actually enjoy the float.
- Drink lots of water before you start if it’s a hot day.
- Should you leave your car at the launch site, you must have your own transportation back to the launch site after the float.